The selected articles are made available to accompany Winds of Change: Cinema from Muslim Societies, a series of films and talks programmed by Third Text and the Institute of Contemporary Arts, London, 21 – 25 September 2011.
To access the issue please use this link.
For programme information and tickets to the ICA season click here.
- 'The Nakba Projected: Recent Palestinian Cinema' by Haim Bresheeth
- 'Travelling ‘Postcolonial’:Allegories of Zion, Palestine and Exile' by Ella Shohat
- 'Introduction: Is There a Muslim World?' by Ali Nobil Ahmad
- 'Paradise Delayed:With Hany Abu-Assad in Palestine' by Hamid Dabashi
- 'Between Socialism and Sufism: Islam in the Films of Ousmane Sembène and Djibril Diop Mambéty', by David Murphy
- ‘"Framed Patterns of Infinity": Takva, a Mortal Individual’s Fight for Becoming-Imperceptible' by Serazer Pekerman
- 'Introduction:The Militant Image: A Ciné-Geography' by Kodwo Eshun and Ros Gray
- 'Third Cinema/Militant Cinema:At the Origins of the Argentinian Experience (1968-1971)' by Mariano Mestman
- 'Social Formations of Global Media Art' by José-Carlos Mariátegui, Sean Cubitt and Gunalan Nadarajan
- 'Introduction:Art,‘EnclaveTheory’ and the Communist Imaginary' by John Roberts