|Frame grab image of John Hurt in Love and Death on Long Island (Richard Kwietniowski, 1997) an adaptation of the late Gilbert Adair's novel.|
Film Studies For Free is thrilled to alert its readers to the publication of a new issue of LOLA, the fantastic online journal edited by Adrian Martin and Girish Shambu.
You can read all about it, and also find the essential links to articles, at this account of the issue at Girish's blog, in which he additionally announced that, henceforth, LOLA would be releasing the contents of each issue in stages.
So, in the coming weeks, you should definitely watch for further texts on Bresson, Cronenberg, Grandrieux, Rotterdam Film Festival, Venice Biennale, and more.
In the meantime, you don't have to wait to read the following fabulous essays by stellar contributors, including a marvellous dossier on the work of Chantal Akerman.
LOLA Issue 2:
'Devils', Dedicated to Raúl Ruiz and Gilbert Adair
- 'Cinema is Another Life' by Raúl Ruiz
- 'A Letter to My Dead Friend Gilbert Adair About Blindness' by Alexander García Düttmann
- 'A Letter' by Dana Linssen
- 'Chantal Akerman: The Pajama Interview' by Nicole Brenez
- 'Chantal Akerman: The Integrity of Exile and the Everyday' by Jonathan Rosenbaum
- 'Almayer's Folly: Synopsis and Statement of Intent' by Chantal Akerman